Apply to SRL’s 2022 Student Academy in Phoenix, Arizona
After a two-year hiatus, we at PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs are so excited to revive our in-person student academy this June 23-29 in Phoenix, Arizona (If pandemic trends change, we will consider reverting back to a virtual experience).
We are thrilled to partner with Arizona State University and the Cronkite School of Journalism to host this year’s camp.
The application is open to middle and high school students. The deadline is Tuesday, March 15, 11:59 PM PT. Students who have attended past academies are welcome to apply again, but priority will be given to first-time applicants. It’s not only a transformative experience, but a great skill and resume builder. We are interested in candidates who have a passion for storytelling, journalism, and video production. Educators: think about who YOU would like to see returning to your classroom next year with renewed enthusiasm and energy around storytelling.
WHAT STUDENTS GET:
- Fully paid trip to Phoenix, Arizona, including travel, lodging and meals
- Access to a top university and journalism school
- Unique experience that teaches vital video journalism, production and communication skills
- Connection to experienced and influential media professionals through one-on-one coaching
- Access to a national community of like-minded peers