Teen reporters capture national day of walkouts
On March 14, 2018, teen reporters from 15 schools across the country in our network of Student Reporting Labs covered the national day of walkouts. From Florida to California, dozens of students captured what their peers feel is an important moment in the movement against gun violence.
This package features video from:
- Alonzo Tracy Mourning High School, Miami, Florida
- Brighton High School, Cottonwood Heights, Utah
- Judge Memorial High School, Salt Lake City, Utah
- John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring, Maryland
- Dominion High School, Sterling, VA
- West Ranch High School, Santa Clarita, California
- Black River Falls, Black River Falls, Wisconsin
- Wauwatosa West High School, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Independence High School
Additionally, the video garnered thousands of views after the PBS NewsHour digital team posted it to Twitter and Facebook. The NewsHour broadcast included b-roll and student interviews from Black River Falls High School in their package about the walkouts (scroll to to 1:29), and two students from John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring, Maryland who covered the walkouts locally talked with Judy Woodruff about their experience.
Finally, explore this Twitter moment highlighting images and other remarkable content that came through from all of our Labs across the country.