Dalton Middle School
Name: Gina Gray
Gina Gray is a 1992 graduate of the Grady School of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She was a student judge for the Peabody Awards. She taught for five years at Woodward Academy in Atlanta where she developed a journalism course for eighth graders. She returned to teaching ten years later after starting a family in Dalton, Georgia. She has worked hard her first two years redesigning the journalism courses for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. The eighth graders produce a student website.
Ms. Gray has introduced video production and her students have created more than 30 news videos that are posted on their YouTube and the website.
- From fiction to science – where will 3D printing take us?
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park works to preserve black bear population
- Animal rehabilitation at the Chattanooga Zoo
- Eleven-year-old ‘Superman’ shows determination and heart
- A free country
- Protecting green space through hands-on learning
- Jake Knapp, Georgia
- Nour Issa, Georgia
- Taking flight