2017: SRL Year in Review
Our Labs across the country have had an incredible year, with students producing original content that is both increasingly relevant and notably powerful. From reporting on reactions to the 2016 presidential election to exploring America’s national parks, teen reporters have showcased their own production talent and ability to tell meaningful stories from and about their communities. Watch our year-in-review for a glimpse of what our student journalists accomplished during the 2016-2017 school year.
Here’s a full list of SRL stories that aired on the NewsHour broadcast this school year:
- What young people want the next president to care about
- Student reporters highlight the struggles and triumphs of ‘New Americans’
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ is provocative and devastating. Is it also dangerous?
- Designer born without hands chooses a life of inspiration
- A student’s stutter doesn’t stop him from winning over the crowd
- Bodybuilding builds pride and confidence for this teen with Down syndrome
- Kid ‘superman,’ born with rare heart defect, radiates strength
- At George Washington’s house, remembering the enslaved people who built America
- How this remote national park made a mammoth discovery
Explore Our Full Series from the 2016-2017 school year: