Cedar Crest High School
Name: Christopher Schwalm
Christopher Schwalm teaches at Cedar Crest High School in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. Schwalm created his school’s broadcast video program, and is currently offering multiple levels of broadcast journalism courses, which produce the morning news program C.C.H.S. Today and a monthly cable program Cedar Crest News Network.
Schwalm also advises independent studies for students in film production. Underneath Schwalm’s direction, students have won recognition for their submissions to the CBS “Max Preps” National Sports Feature. His students have also been recognized for their submissions to the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) including awards for the Northeastern Regional News Story in 2010, the Northeastern Regional Sports Story in 2010, the Northeastern Regional News Story in 2011, the Northeastern Regional Feature Story in 2011, and the Northeastern Regional Photography in 2011.
Schwalm holds the honor of being the first place recipient for the Student Television Network National Advisers Video Production Award. He has attended JPRA graduate classes at Temple University and recently obtained a Master’s degree from The Pennsylvania State University in Education Technology.
- Doctors are developing orthopedic screws that will dissolve inside the human body
- Teen swine breeder turns hobby into pig profits
- How to make garbage disappear
- Teacher’s lesson comes full circle after life-changing accident
- Dance helps Mexican-American teen stay connected to mother’s culture
- Undocumented dreams
- Animal rights activist cares for abused race dogs
- Korrin Fisher, Pennsylvania
- Emily Curtin, Pennsylvania
- Anna Chobanoff, Pennsylvania
- Celiac disease turns young chef’s passion into purpose
- Quilting convention stitches together local community
- Dangerous and neat