Philip’s Academy Charter
Name: Sharon Alonzo
Joined SRL: 2013
Sharon Alonzo teaches Computer Literacy in grades K-5, Broadcast Journalism in grades 5-8 and teaches the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs program at Philip’s Academy Charter School in Newark, New Jersey. Along with her line of work, she choreographs student and teacher productions at Philip’s and also teaches modern dance at Sharron Miller’s Academy for the Performing Arts in Montclair. She graduated from Rutgers University with a B.A. in Journalism and Mass & Media.
- The Newark Youth Court gives young people alternatives to youth incarceration
- Can indoor farms feed Newark — and the nation?
- New Jersey soup kitchen meets kids on their own turf
- Newark school adds new twist to old charter debate
- Food fight: Newark school battles USDA to keep family-style food program