Philip’s Academy Charter
Name: Sara Mosle, Sharon Alonzo
Joined SRL: 2013
Sara Mosle teaches 6th and 7th grade writing at Philips Academy Charter School (PACS) in Newark, New Jersey. She has also written about public education for The New York Times, The New Yorker and Slate.com among other publications. She lives in Montclair, where her daughter attends public school.
Sharon Alonzo teaches Computer Science in grades K-5 and Broadcast Journalism in grades 6-8 and co-teaches the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting labs program at Philip’s Academy Charter School in Newark, New Jersey. An accomplished dancer, she choreographs student and teacher productions at Philip’s and also teaches modern dance and musical theatre at Sharron Miller’s Academy for the Performing Arts in Montclair. She graduated from Rutgers University with a B.A. in Journalism and Mass & Media.
- The Newark Youth Court gives young people alternatives to youth incarceration
- Can indoor farms feed Newark — and the nation?
- New Jersey soup kitchen meets kids on their own turf
- Newark school adds new twist to old charter debate
- Food fight: Newark school battles USDA to keep family-style food program