Hardin County Schools Early College and Career Center
Name: Belinda Stark & Gina Ryan
Gina Ryan is the Director of Hardin County Educational and Community Television (HCEC TV) a division of the Hardin County Schools in Kentucky. HCEC TV is the local Educational and Government access channel for three cable television providers serving a five county area (90,000 cable subscribers) and streams programming on the HCS website.
Ryan holds a Rank 1 certification in vocational education (MA in Education and BA in Communications from the University of Louisville) and she has been working with high school students since 1985 starting her career at Fort Knox High School. She became the Director of HCEC TV in July 1998 and absolutely loves molding students each day in media production. HCEC TV is a vocational instructional program for Hardin County High School students, offering real world video production vocational experience since 1973.
- Brandenburg Telecom: Kentucky’s gateway to the future
- College prep center in Kentucky introduces girls to programming, and some lucrative possibilities
- Diabetes research gives Kentucky high schooler early start on future career
- Researchers look for solutions to deadly disease affecting bats in Mammoth Cave
- Women scientists combat stereotypes with #girlswithtoys
- Peer tutor inspires special need students
- Youth organization thankful for teen’s ‘help and service’
- School nurse shortage sparks change in Kentucky
- How one teen overcame her reluctance to seek counseling