Health and Science School
Name: Jared Agard
Jared Agard teaches art and film at Health and Science School in Beaverton, Oregon. He interned at a tv studio doing broadcast news when he was in high school and won many awards for film and animation. He writes books for middle graders on the side.
Health and Science School is a magnet program focusing students’ academics toward career interests in the medical and engineering fields. The school has won many awards in district film competitions and won first prize in SafeOregon’s Film Competition. The Student Reporting Lab at Health and Science focuses their news stories on STEM-related topics.
- Konrad Pollman on the process of creating WACOM’s 3-D stylus
- This is how engineers can dive into liquified natural gas tanks
- Research at Mount Rainier seeks to understand the development of extraterrestrial life
- Program helps special needs graduates transition into adulthood
- Ramyar Eslami, Oregon
- Dulce Sanabria, Oregon
- Amani Ahmed, Oregon
- In the outdoors, students, fungi and bacteria do the teaching
- Students train for careers in auto mechanics
- Observers comb local beaches for dead birds as indicator of environmental health