Mid-Maine Technical Center
Name: Dave Boardman
Dave Boardman teaches Mass Media Communications at Mid-Maine Technical Center. Boardman holds a Doctorate in Education from the University of Maine and has been named an Apple Distinguished Educator and a Maine Instructional Technology Teacher of the Year. His students have won numerous awards, including Maine SkillsUSA gold medals in filmmaking and audio production, top honors at the Maine Student Film & Video Festival and several honorable mentions from the Boston / New England Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. They have competed nationally and their work has been broadcast nationally both on NewsHour and on other PBS initiatives.
- Coed basketball builds confidence for students with learning disabilities
- How Maine is training teens to fill the state’s nursing shortage
- Waterville, Maine aspires to recruit young talent through jobs in the arts
- Solving the science teacher shortage
- This rural community is connecting its young people to the arts
- Students help with citizen science study of arsenic in well water
- Are tattoos public art?
- Poverty, punks and homeschooling: Battling stereotypes in Maine