Pine Crest School
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Name: Ashley Porter & Jaimee Rashbaum
Ashley Porter serves as an Upper School teacher for PCTV, a Middle School teacher for PCNN, and the director of a daily, live morning show for Lower School students called PCAM. She also co-hosts Panther Pulse, a monthly video news update that’s delivered to the Pine Crest community. Before coming to Pine Crest, Ms. Porter was an Emmy Award-winning reporter who worked for nationally syndicated entertainment show The List and several local news stations. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College and is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology from the University of South Florida.
Jaimee Rashbaum is in her second career, shifting from television news to teaching at Pine Crest starting in 2013. Prior to coming to Pine Crest, she worked as a television news producer at WNBC in New York City (2000-2005) and then WTVJ-NBC 6 (2005-2007) and WFOR-CBS 4 (2007-2010). She covered some of the biggest news stories in recent memory, including September 11, 2001, the Blackout in NYC in 2003, Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma, and the Super Bowl in Miami. She won an Emmy award in 2000 as the producer of the Best Morning Newscast in New York. Since coming to Pine Crest, Mrs. Rashbaum has taught U.S. History, U.S. History Honors, AP Capstone Seminar: Media in America and PCTV. Her favorite part of teaching is the ability to connect and get to know her students and finds being a teacher incredibly fulfilling and meaningful. In her free time, she can be found with her husband, Dan, a PC alum and her two children, Kyla and Henry.
- Children with disabilities use pageant platform to amplify their voices
- Florida teen uses dance to foster awareness of Punjabi culture
- South Florida music program helps young artists rise above their struggles
- This school provides affordable education for autistic students
- This pre-school provides care for underserved communities
- Mermaids improve marine life in Florida
- No Labels Attached: Pine Crest School