Fraser High School
Name: James Flanagan
James ‘Jamie’ Flanagan is a teacher at Fraser High School, where he combines his passion for working with young people and broadcasting. He is an English teacher who advises for the yearbook, the school paper The Flash and the broadcast classes. His broadcast students have won several ‘Pillars of Excellence’ awards from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. They are also proud to be part of the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs project.
Jamie received his Master’s in Education at Wayne State University and a Journalism Endorsement from Michigan State University.
- Students build boats to raise money for mental health
- Female manufacturers prove they are just as capable as men on the factory floor
- Teen cancer survivor to others facing diagnosis: ‘You can win’
- Medical challenges inspire refugee to pursue medicine
- The struggle of becoming an American
- Dakota Herbin, Michigan
- Cashmere Schuster, Michigan
- Kirstyn Malucknik, Michigan
- Metal mettle
- Teen drag racer finds inspiration behind the wheel
- Student reporters investigate solutions to the minimum wage debate
- Detroit Zoo uses captive breeding to ‘sustain zoo population’
- Detroit teens produce video about where poetry lives
- Should you follow the five-second rule?
- Chewing gum: A student’s friend or foe?
- Student Reporters Ask: Why Do You Stay in School?
- Detroit-Area Teens Gather Viewpoints on Staying in School
- What Are the Consequences of Dropping Out in Michigan?
- Dropping Out Impacts Michigan’s Future
- Fraser High School Reporting Lab Featured in Huffington Post
- Fraser High School Reporting Lab wins student television award
- #SRLAcademy journalists profile Washington-area artists, athletes
- Ask the Alumnus | Keenan Penn II
- Macomb Daily Visits Michigan Reporting Lab
- Misinformation Overload: Teens Reveal Perceptions and Impact of Misinformation
- New Series from Student Reporting Labs tells stories of youth-driven civic engagement
- PBS NewsHour names 18 fellows for inaugural student reporting academy
- PBS NewsHour names 20 fellows for summer student reporting academy
- PBS NewsHour selects 2017 Student Reporting Labs Fellows
- PBS NewsHour student journalists investigate the future of work
- SRL Academy Fellows produce stories about the world they want to live in
- SRL Parkland Reactions: We’ve Had Enough
- SRL Reacts: Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’
- SRL Students Shine at Summer Internships
- SRL stories up for major student journalism awards
- Why am I seeing this? How SRL tackled #MediaLitWk
- Teachers capture movement, personalities at #SRLBootCamp2015
Related Press Releases
- Journalism Students at Fraser High School are Making National Headlines … Again
- Student broadcasters make work for world to see