Legacy Early College High School
Name: Neena Kumar
Joined SRL: 2014
Neena Kumar has a Master of Science in Microbiology, and has written assessments and standardized tests for high school STEM classes as a freelance science writer.
An educator at Legacy Early College High School, Neena teaches a product-based writing strategies curriculum that culminates in an Honors Biology class, the ‘Legacy News,’ which produces daily broadcasts, and ‘The Lion’s Roar,’ a quarterly literary magazine. She also works with three groups of 8-12 students each, whose post-high school goals are to attend college or technical school.
Through SRL, Neena hopes her students explore science from different angles, as well as develop and expand their presentation and communication skills.
- Clemson University’s “Deep Orange” program is designing the cars of the future
- School implements mindfulness initiative to boost student mood and focus
- Understanding Artificial Intelligence
- DACA provides chance for undocumented student to attend college
- #SRLreacts: Jennifer Leon-Hernandez, South Carolina
- #SRLreacts: Jeuel Davis, South Carolina
- #SRLreacts: Kai Anne Allen, South Carolina
- #SRLreacts: Kwadjo Campbell, South Carolina
- #SRLreacts: Yulissa Lopez, South Carolina
- Son hurt by family member’s battle with alcoholism
- Yuleimy Afonso, South Carolina
- Torsha Bobo, South Carolina
- Malik Davidson, South Carolina
- Tough enough
- Crossing the Divide: Nicole Dennis
- “Embrace it the best you can” – how a student found inspiration under tough circumstances
- How can schools prevent student dropout?
- South Carolina school works to prevent dropouts
- How language barriers can affect students at home and in the classroom