Wauwatosa East High School
Name: Jean Biebel
Joined SRL: 2016
Jean Biebel is currently a high school English teacher at Wauwatosa East High School. Jean has been in the classroom working to inspire students to find their voice for 25 years. After graduate school at Fordham University, she started her career in the NYC Public School system before returning home to work in the Milwaukee Public Schools and then ultimately establishing herself as a National Board Certified Teacher in the Wauwatosa School District for the last 19 years. During her tenure as a teacher, Jean has been recognized as the first recipient of the National Council of Teachers of English Media Literacy Award for excellence and innovation in the area of media literacy instruction and student learning. She is also a recipient of the Herb Kohl Teacher Fellowship for being a leader and agent for positive change within education.
- New engineering curriculum teaches Wisconsin students how to problem solve for the jobs of tomorrow
- Healthcare practitioners are needed in Wisconsin. This nursing program aims to fill that need.
- This Wisconsin educational model is giving students a jumpstart on technical careers
- Special needs student learns how to be team player
- Athlete with cerebral palsy finds community in Special Olympics
- Class provides physical education to special needs students
- Russian academic calls life in U.S. ‘a different world’
- Marika Marklin, Wisconsin
- Joe Arnold, Wisconsin
- Jacob Cincotta, Wisconsin
- Teens Grow Greens uses gardening to empower students in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Area Technical College provides high schoolers with real-world career training