Hughes STEM High School
Name: Melissa Sherman
Melissa Sherman is a Certified Lead Teacher in Cincinnati Public schools responsible for coordinating educational technology at Hughes STEM High School.
Melissa has spent her entire teaching career in Cincinnati Public Schools working with some of the most economically disadvantaged urban students in the district at the Peter H. Clark Project Succeed and at the Hughes Center High School for Teaching and Technology where she taught until 2008.
Melissa currently serves as the Technology Facilitator in the Hughes High School STEM program, where she is responsible for technology implementation, which includes hardware, software and infrastructure needs as well teacher training and coaching technology infusion in all of the core areas.
In 2003, Ms. Sherman was awarded the Southwest Ohio Technology Teacher of the Year because of her outstanding work of integrating the technology lab into all of the core academic subjects developing very creative cross curricular academic projects that applied multiple uses of technology including web page design, Excel spreadsheet applications, film-making, and graphic design. She has presented at numerous technology conferences throughout her school district and the State of Ohio on the topic of project based learning and technology integration.
Melissa currently holds the position as Curriculum Council Chair for Career & Technical Education in the district, while also serving as a member of the district’s technology steering committee for the past five years.
- How a 3-D printed hand gave this girl the gift of play
- Observational astronomer in Cincinnati aims to bring outer space a little closer
- Hughes STEM High aims to train more young people from diverse backgrounds to pursue healthcare professions
- Ohio high school offers opportunities to learn construction as well as on the job experience
- Preserving Hopewell’s Earthworks
- Mary Williams, Ohio
- Jazlyn Miranda-Morales, Ohio
- Rahjanera Smith, Ohio
- Terrace Kennedy, Ohio
- Tyler Kincaid, Ohio
- Cincinnati mayor aims to break poverty cycle in 5 years
- Prototypically me
- Just as strong
- Crossing the Divide: Giana Salerno
- Crossing the Divide: Nomante Austin