West Ranch High School
Stevenson Ranch, CA
Name: Jennifer Overdevest
Joined SRL: 2014
After earning her B.A. in Radio, Television & Film, Jennifer pursued her dream of making movies in Hollywood. Her first job was working on the post production side of the 1994/1995 Emmy and Academy Awards. She later worked with ABC Sports on various USC live football games. Her big break came when she worked as the assistant to Joe Wizan on the movie Kiss the Girls, starring Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd. After finishing the movie, Jennifer decided to take on a new career and become a teacher.
Jennifer was hired by the William S. Hart Union High School district where she was their first video teacher. She created various video curriculum, two of which were approved by the University of California system to earn UC Fine Art Credit. In 2004, she was hired to start a brand new high school – West Ranch High School. She was able to build their video program, and has been teaching there ever since. She earned her National Board Certification in 2009.
- These California teens are ready to enact change after the Parkland shooting
- Santa Clarita teen owns and manages Escape Room business
- Baseball player with diabetes keeps head in the game
- ISIS sent my family a letter: Convert and leave or die
- Teen initiates campus gardening project
- Jong Hak Won, California
- Morgan Smith, California
- Homeless, transgender immigrant teen finds hope in education
- Boys and Girls Club is family while parents are at work
- Pink? No. Rugby? Yes.
- Once a week, this special education classroom gets a visit from local high schoolers
- Women in STEM: “Stereotypes can’t stop me”