Royal Oak High School
Royal Oak, MI
Name: Mike Conrad
Joined SRL: 2013
Prior to teaching at Royal Oak High School, Mike Conrad spent 20 years in the broadcast industry. From public broadcasting to commercial broadcasting, Conrad has experience in promotions, engineering, production, live music and advertising sales. All of which he brings to the table to prepare his students for an exciting career.
Conrad holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Radio and Television Broadcasting, and a Master of Arts Teaching in Career and Technical Education, both from Wayne State University in Detroit. He is also a board member of the student film festival organization DAFT-Digital Arts, Film and Television. In his 4th year of teaching Video and Television Production, he continues to stay active in the industry through freelance camera operations, live music mixing and constant product research in an effort to stay one step ahead of the students in technology.
- Doctors in Michigan are using virtual reality to treat their patients
- Michigan doctor explains how her hospital provides care for children with cancer
- Michigan technology company creates coding experiences for elementary school kids
- Quicken Loans invests in career pipelines for Detroit youth
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore birds put at risk by naturally-occurring toxin
- Girls living in poverty refuse to devalue their self-worth
- Growing up with a parent behind bars
- The benefits of giving back to your community
- Technological innovation’s placement in the classroom
- Do recent technological advances benefit educational experiences?
- Should students be allowed to use tech for standardized testing?
- Gimme an ‘S’! Is school spirit a teacher’s new best friend?
- No judgment here: i3 Detroit makes cutting edge tech commonplace